This article goes over how to add your customers to your Finli Portal so that you can manage their accounts or send out invoices.
There are a few ways to add your customers to the Finli portal, depending on if you're looking to add a customer as you send them an invoice, add a couple of customers into your Customers list manually, or if you'd like to add many customers into your Customers list using our bulk customer upload tool.
Add a Customer as You're Creating an Invoice for Them
- Head over to your home page. From the Main Menu, click on "Create New." From the drop down menu, select "Invoice."
- Choose the type of invoice you'd like to create. An Instant Invoice takes only seconds to create, but creating an invoice through the Invoice Builder allows for more customization. Select the type of invoice you'd like to build and press "Next."
- Instant Invoice: If you're creating a customer to send them an instant invoice, click the "Create New Customer" button from under the search bar. Then, fill in your customer's information and click "Create Customer." Your customer is created!
- Invoice Builder: To add a customer as you're creating an invoice through the Invoice Builder, first select the "Create New Customer" button at the bottom of the scroll-down menu. Then, enter your customer's information and press "Create Customer." Then you're done!
Add Your Customers Manually
- On your Finli home page, under the Main Menu, click on the "Customers" tab.
- When you're on your Customers page, click on the "Create Customer" button at the top right corner of your screen.
- Fill in your customer's information and click "Create Customer." You've just successfully added your customer!
- Repeat until all of your customers have been added to your Finli Customer list.
Add Many Customers into Your Customer List at Once
- Under your "Customers" tab, find the "Actions" drop-down menu. Select "Import Customer List."
- Download the Customer List template, which contains a spreadsheet of categories of information about your customers (their names, emails, phone numbers, etc). Fill it out with all of your customers' information.
- After you've filled out the Customer List spreadsheet, upload it by dragging your file into the window or by browsing and selecting your .csv file.
- Click on "Import List," and you're done!